A Travellerspoint blog

Fly Away Home

Home For Christmas!

overcast 1 °C


Well as "home" during this exchange experience is Toronto I thought I would write about my travels back to England for Christmas in here as it is technically outside Toronto... by 3500 miles.

So anyway coming home was long! Got up at 7am Toronto time to get ready to go to the airport and to get me out of bed, Mum called me to see how I was and I told her how I was planning coming home like keeping them in touch of times and the situations at Toronto's Pearson Lester B Airport etc. Got to the airport about 12:30 and then was with chris when she checked in and until she went through the gates and then I said bye to Shanice who came with us to say goodbye to Chris as she wasn't coming back in the New Year. So I checked in about 30 minutes later and then went straight through security without a problem and then met Chris on the other side so chilled with her for over an hour before her flight to Calgary...kind of surprised her really so had a laugh and looked back at her time in Toronto. So, Chris boarded her plane as I went to my gate to wait another 2 hours before I left Toronto. Called home around 4:15pm toronto time about an hour before my flight and stayed on until i pressed the next call button by mistake...so a quick call back turned out to be half an hour and then about 5 minutes after I said bye to Mum, Dad and Tink, I was called to board Flight OOM276 to Glasgow/Manchester. Well chances of going to sleep were cut short as I asked for extra leg room seating and that was next to the emergency exit on the wing so right next to the engines too! Noisy buggers they were but I guess they have to be when we were flying at 584mph at 37,000 feet above the ground. I was flying home with a Scottish girl who had just finished her exchange in Toronto too but at OCAD and lived in Pitman not at Ryerson and Wycik! So anyway was flying home with her and it was a laugh when we both found out we lived near by for 4 months and never notcied each other...not that we would have done not meeting until the flight home! So had a chat about the things we did in Toronto etc and until we got to Glasgow it was fun...then she got off at 4:45am (UK Time) and then we were at the airport in Glasgow for another hour on the plane until a window opened up at Manchester. So two hours later I was let off the plane and in the terminal and out with Mum, Dad and Tink around 7ish so after a large coffee and block of chocolate I was home in Stockport. Still wasn't ready to pass out yet from flying as I had about 2 litres of coffee and caffeine in my system still and I was only to get more with about another litre of tea and coffe by the end of the day well until around tea time with good old chippy tea! Fish, chips and gravy....ooooo never tasted so good! Out with Jack to the new Griffin pub well redone up! Wasn't bad actually and it was nice to have some good old British booze.

Anyway got my birthday present from him which was a guinness mug and a pint of guinness in a can! Was nice catching up with home etc so now just had 13 hours sleep after being awake for 37 hours. So here I am now in the lounge writing this for everyone to read and also for you Canadians to keep in track with what is going on at home in Stockport, England!


Posted by Nibsy_86 16:37 Archived in England

Email this entryFacebookStumbleUpon

Table of contents

Be the first to comment on this entry.

This blog requires you to be a logged in member of Travellerspoint to place comments.

Enter your Travellerspoint login details below

( What's this? )

If you aren't a member of Travellerspoint yet, you can join for free.

Join Travellerspoint